Social Security Tips for November 2015

At Social Security, we’re often asked, “What is the best age to start receiving retirement benefits?” The answer is that there’s no one “best age” for everyone and, ultimately, it’s your choice. You should make an informed decision about when to apply for benefits based on your individual and family circumstances.






myRA (my Retirement Account) is a new way to start saving for your future developed by the United States Department of the Treasury. myRA is a Roth IRA that invests in a new United States Treasury retirement savings bond, which will not lose money. myRA was designed for people without access to employer-sponsored retirement savings plans and for people looking for a simple, safe, and affordable way to start saving for retirement. myRA accounts cost nothing to open, have no fees, and don’t require a minimum amount of savings.





Procedure for Correcting Earnings Record

To correct your Social Security Earnings record, get in touch with the nearest Social Security office or call SSA’s toll free number 1-800-772-1213. Do this when your earnings statement shows that earnings have not been correctly reported or credited. It will be helpful when you contact SSA to have any information such as forms W-2, pay stubs, etc. available.


Comments are closed.

Advanced Asset Management
4555 Wilson Ave SW, Suite 2
Grandville, MI 49418

Phone: (616) 531-5220