How to Check Your Application Status
- Sign in or create a my Social Security Account at www.ssa.gov
- On the My Home page scroll down to the Your Benefit Applications section and select View Details under the More Info heading
- View your application status in the Current Status section
Application status shows:
- Re-entry number for pending online benefit application or online appeal that has not been submitted;
- The date we received the application or appeal;
- Scheduled Hearing date and time;
- Current claim or appeal location including the address of the office processing the application; and
- If a decision has been made.
Your client cannot check the status of their application online if they do not have a my Social Security account.
If unable to check status online, call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or contact the local Social Security office
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment
In 2019, changes to Medicare may improve the healthcare options and flexibility for beneficiaries. The Medicare Open Enrollment Period that was eliminated in 2010 is now being reinstated. Let your clients know that, from January 1 through March 31, Medicare Advantage enrollees can switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another at www.Medicare.gov.
Receiving Medicare While Working
Even if your clients are not receiving their Social Security benefits at age 65, they can still get their full Medicare benefits (including premium-free Part A). Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people age 65 or older. Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare, too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure.
Use our online application to sign up for Medicare. It takes about 10 minutes. In most cases, once your application is submitted electronically, you’re done. There are no forms to sign and usually no documentation is required. Social Security will process your application and contact you if we need more information. Otherwise, you’ll receive your Medicare card in the mail.
Your clients can apply for Medicare at www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/